Simon Smith, the amazing Head Chef from Tameside NHS Trust in Manchester, is helping you to lose weight by creating a lovely healthy recipe each week. This one is inspired by Sammie Axton, who has lost five stone on her Slimpod programme. She was addicted to chocolate and is now addicted to healthy smoked mackerel!!!
Sammie’s Salad Fruits de Mer with Pink Goddess Dressing
INGREDIENTS (serves 4)
- 100g Rocket (pre-washed)
- 100g Baby spinach (pre-washed)
- 100g Cos lettuce (pre=washed)
- 100g Red chard leaf (pre-washed)
- 150g diced red onion
- ½ pkt Cherry tomatoes
- ½ tsp Crushed garlic
- ½ Cucumber
- 30g Shaved Parmesan
- 100g Salmon
- 100g smoked salmon
- 100g cold water prawns
- 1 fillet peppered, smoked mackerel
- 1 peeled, sliced apple
- 5g melted butter
- 5g olive oil
- 2 slices bread
- 1 large mid-ripe avocado
- Bay leaves
FOR THE PINK GODDESS DRESSING
- 120ml natural yogurt
- 20ml wine vinegar
- 1tbsp chopped parsley
- 1tbsp chopped chives
- 1tbsp chopped dill
- 1tbsp anchovy essence/fish sauce
- ½ tsp crushed garlic
- ½ tsp tomato puree
- ½ tsp mustard or mustard powder
- 1 fresh lemon
- Place the salmon steak into a tray add cold water, seasoning, lemon juice and a bay leaf.
- Place into a pre heated oven on 175C / GAS mark 4, for 10 min, or until fish is cooked. When cooked transfer to a plate and allow to cool.
- Cut the smoked salmon into strips, wash the prawns, skin and flake the smoked mackerel and set aside.
- Cut your cherry tomatoes into halves and set aside.
- Peel the cucumber and dice into fork size pieces.
- For the croutons, when the salmon is cooked turn up the oven to 195C / GAS Mk 5. De-crust the bread and dice into small cubes. Mix the melted butter and olive oil together add ½ tsp chopped garlic and season.
- Stir the butter mixture into the diced bread, allowing all the cubes to be coated. Place on an oven tray and in the hot oven for 10min. When completed remove from oven, transfer the items and set aside.
- Peel and dice the red onion and set aside
- Peel and slice the apple coating it with lemon juice to stop it going brown. This should be set aside as well.
- To make the dressing, combine the vinegar with herbs, crushed garlic, anchovy essence, juice of ½ lemons and zest of ¼ lemon and mustard and tomato puree.
- Whisk until all ingredients combine and add the natural yoghurt and fold into the mix.
- Split the avocado, remove the stone and dice into large pieces and set aside
- In a clean bowl place the rocket, baby spinach, red chard. Add the torn leaves of the cos lettuce to the bowl.
- To this add diced onions, chopped cucumber, halved cherry tomatoes, chopped avocado and shaved parmesan cheese (optional)
- Add the flakes of fresh salmon and smoked mackerel, strips of smoked salmon, and finally the baby prawns
- Layer the sliced apple over the salad and finish with the garlic croutons.
Serve with a pot of pink goddess dressing and a wedge of lemon on the side.
18 thoughts on “Sammie’s Salad Fruits de Mer with Pink Goddess Dressing”
Looks great and I can make this on holiday!
I’m glad you like the salad. All the ingredients can be purchased in many countries around the world,. and it’s always good to try different combination with fresh products available to make other interesting salads.
Looks lovely. Will have to try this out ?
Looks lush!.. Can’t wait to try this
Looks great if you like salmon looking forward to other suggestion from simon
Looks good – but SO many ingredients and as I live alone (just with dog) not practical for me
The dressing would work with any seafood salad – and you can pick your salad ingedients to suit you
Have you any tasty easy vegan dishes to try ?Sweet or Savoury
I’m having a meeting with Simon this pm so will pass that on!
Do you have quick recipes with simpler ingredients to make a healthy meal when I get in from a 13hr shift at half 10 at night? This is when I struggle.
Thanks so much Sharon – comments noted!
Looks tasty but the ingredients are quite expensive especially as we are feeding a family of four.
Thanks so much Sharon – comments noted!
Looks ands sounds completely yummy. Thanks!
I have the same feelings as Nora So many ingredients! It does sound good but would probably not try it just for the grocery list. As there is just me and the dog I cook very simply with baked veg and a protein of either fish or chicken.
Hi Val, we’re on the case!
I love sea food and salads. Not one for dressings. I will be trying this.